1. World Health Organization (2004) Summary of probable SARS cases with onset of illness from 1 November 2002 to 31 July 2003. Available: http:// www.who.int/csr/sars/country/table2004_04_21/en/index.html. Accessed 26 July 2005.
2. Ksiazek TG, Erdman D, Goldsmith CS, Zaki SR, Peret T, et al. (2003) A novel coronavirus associated with severe acute respiratory syndrome. N Engl J Med 348: 1953-1966.
3. Peiris JS, Lai ST, Poon LL, Guan Y, Yam LY, et al. (2003) Coronavirus as a possible cause of severe acute respiratory syndrome. Lancet 361: 1319- 1325.
4. Drosten C, Gunther S, Preiser W, van der Werf S, Brodt HR, et al. (2003) Identification of a novel coronavirus in patients with severe acute respiratory syndrome. N Engl J Med 348: 1967-1976.
5. Peiris JS, Yuen KY, Osterhaus AD, Stohr K. (2003) The severe acute respiratory syndrome. N Engl J Med 2003: 2431-2441.
6. Leung GM, Hedley AJ, Ho LM, Chau P, Wong IO, et al. (2004) The epidemiology of severe acute respiratory syndrome in the 2003 Hong Kong epidemic: An analysis of all 1755 patients. Ann Intern Med 141: 662-673.
7. Fowler RA, Lapinsky SE, Hallett D, Detsky AS, Sibbald WJ, et al. (2003) Critically ill patients with severe acute respiratory syndrome. JAMA 290: 367-373.
8. Lew TW, Kwek TK, Tai D, Earnest A, Loo S, et al. Acute respiratory distress syndrome in critically ill patients with severe acute respiratory syndrome. JAMA 290: 374-380.
9. Poutanen SM, Low DE, Henry B, Finkelstein S, Rose D, et al. (2003) Identification of severe acute respiratory syndrome in Canada. N Engl J Med 348: 1995-2005.
10. Lee N, Hui D, Wu A, Chan P, Cameron P, et al. (2003) A major outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome in Hong Kong. N Engl J Med 348: 1986- 1994.
11. World Health Organization (2003) Future clinical trials for SARS, Informal meeting and workshop. Draft Report. Geneva: World Health Organization.
12. Morgenstern B, Michaelis M, Baer PC, Doerr HW, Cinatl J Jr. (2005) Ribavirin and interferon-beta synergistically inhibit SARS-associated coronavirus replication in animal and human cell lines. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 326: 905-908.
13. Chen F, Chan KH, Jiang Y, Kao RY, Lu HT, et al. (2004) In vitro susceptibility of 10 clinical isolates of SARS coronavirus to selected antiviral compounds. J Clin Virol 31: 69-75.
14. Knowles SR, Phillips EJ, Dresser L, Matukas L (2003) Common adverse events associated with the use of ribavirin for severe acute respiratory syndrome in Canada. Clin Infect Dis 37: 1139-1142.
15. Booth CM, Matukas LM, Tomlinson GA, Rachlis AR, Rose DB, et al. (2003) Clinical features and short-term outcomes of 144 patients with SARS in the greater Toronto area. JAMA 289: 2801-2809.