1. Krütli P, Rosemann T, Kjell Y, Törnblom KY, Timo Smieszek T. How to fairly allocate scarce medical resources: ethical argumentation under scrutiny by health professionals and lay people. PLoS ONE. (2016) 11:e0159086. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.015908
2. The Lancet. Health and medicine in 2019: what have we learned? Lancet. (2019) 394:2201. doi: 10.1016/S0140-67361933138-1
3. ICRC. Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (N-GO s) in Disaster Relief. (1994). Available online at: https://www.icrc.org/en/doc/resources/documents/ publication/p1067.htm (accessed April 2, 2020).
4. Hirsch M, Carli P, Nizard R, Riou B, Baroudjian B, Baubet T. The medical response to multisite terrorist attacks in Paris. Lancet. (2015) 386:2535-38. doi: 10.1016/S0140-673615 01063-6
5. United Nations. Report on “Shared Responsibility, Global Solidarity: Responding to the Socio-Economic Impacts of COVID-19. (2020). Available online at: https://www.un.org/sites/un2.un.org/files/sg_report_socio-economic_ impact_of_covid19.pdf (accessed April 2, 2020).
6. Basharu D, Reyes MSC. Joint Statement. Persons With Disabilities and COVID19 by the Chair of the United Nations Committee on the Rights of Persons With Disabilities, on Behalf of the Committee on the Rights of Persons With Disabilities and the Special Envoy of the United Nations Secretary-General Copyright © 2020 Tambone, Boudreau, Ciccozzi, Sanders, Campanozzi, Wathuta, Violante, Cauda, Petrini, Abbate, Alloni, Argemi, Argemí Renom, De Benedictis, Galerneau, García-Sánchez, Ghilardi, Hafler, Linden, Marcos, Onetti Muda, Pandolfi, Pelaccia, Picozzi, Revello, Ricci, Rohrbaugh, Rossi, Sirignano, Spagnolo, Stammers, Velázquez, Agazzi and Mercurio. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The use, distribution or reproduction in other forums is permitted, provided the original author(s) and the copyright owner(s) are credited and that the original publication in this journal is cited, in accordance with accepted academic practice. No use, distribution or reproduction is permitted which does not comply with these terms.