1. Tonetti T, Grasselli G, Zanella A, Pissilli G, Fumagalli R, Piva S, et al. Use of critical care resources during the first two weeks (February 24-March 8, 2020) of the COVID‑19 outbreak in Italy. Ann Intensive Care. 2020. https:// doi.org/10.1186/s13613‑020‑00750‑z.
2. Ghayda RA, Lee KH, Han YJ, Ryu S, Hong SH, Yoon S, et al. Estimation of global case fatality rate of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID‑19) using meta‑analyses: comparison between calendar date and days since the outbreak of the first confirmed case. Int J Infec Dis. 2020. https://doi. org/10.1016/j.ijid.2020.08.065.
3. Pickkers P, van der Hoeven H, Citerio G. COVID‑19: 10 things I wished I`d known some months ago. Intensive Care Med. 2020;46:1449-52.
4. Prescott HC, Rice TE. Corticosteroids in COVID‑19 ARDS: evidence and hope during the pandemic. JAMA. 2020. https://doi.org/10.1001/ jama.2020.16747.
5. Flaatten H, Beil M, Guidet B, Jung C. The good, the bad and the ugly: pandemic priority decisions and triage. J Med Ethics. 2020. https://doi. org/10.1136/medethics‑2020‑106489.